Sheraton Ann Arbor: Your Dreamy Michigan Getaway Awaits!

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel United States

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel United States

Sheraton Ann Arbor: Your Dreamy Michigan Getaway Awaits!

Sheraton Ann Arbor: My Honest (and Slightly Chaotic) Michigan Getaway Review!

Alright, let's be real. Finding a decent hotel, especially when you're hoping for a little "dreamy getaway," can be a total crapshoot. But the Sheraton Ann Arbor? Well, let's dive in, shall we? Buckle up, because you're getting the real deal here, not some polished press release fluff.

(Disclaimer: My experience is just that – mine. Your mileage may vary, and I’m not exactly a super-sleuth hotel reviewer, more of a "give me comfy and good coffee" type.)

First Impressions & Accessibility: The Elevator of Hope

Coming in, finding the Sheraton was a breeze – clearly marked, easy peasy. Now, accessibility is a big deal for me, not always a personal need but always a consideration. And my oh my, I was relieved to see they're actually trying. The key is the elevator! They claim facilities for disabled guests. That’s a good start. Exterior corridor, check. Now, does it work? The elevator looked promising, wide enough, and I didn't get stuck. Massive win (seriously, elevators are the bane of my existence sometimes!). The lobby was pretty spacious too, no cramped corridors to navigate. Score one for the accessible crew.

Rooms: The Good, The Could-Be-Better, and the Blackout Curtains That Saved My Sanity

Okay, let's get down to brass tacks: the rooms. I snagged a non-smoking room (duh!), but honestly, the hallways didn't smell like smoke, so that was already a positive. I was stoked to see a "High floor" option was available! And let's get into the things that immediately made me go "ah, this has potential”. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? HELL YES! (Seriously, those things are a lifesaver, especially when you desperately need to sleep in).

My room had a desk, a coffee/tea maker (crucial!), and a mini-bar (a little tempting, tbh). The bathroom? Standard hotel fare, but clean. Linens were fresh, and daily housekeeping was a godsend after I inevitably made a mess. The internet access was free, and yes, the wi-fi was decent. I managed to binge-watch a whole season of something on my laptop. Good enough connection for the job.

But… and there’s always a but, right? The décor felt a little dated. Like it hadn’t had a refresh since the early 2000s. The carpeting could have used a good vacuuming. And, I'm not going to lie, the complimentary tea situation was…meh. Definitely bring your own teabags!

The Amenities: Sauna Dreams & Fitness Failures (My Fault, Mostly)

Now, the Sheraton Ann Arbor really shines with its range of amenities, and let’s be real, that's where you can really enhance a “dreamy getaway.” They have a gym/fitness center. And, apparently, a sauna, and a spa! They also have a pool with a view (the view was pretty average, but the pool was clean, and that's what matters!). They also had a steamroom, and a pool!

Okay, confession time: I intended to hit the gym. I really did. But between the super-comfy bed, the amazing blackout curtains, and the lure of room service (…more on that later), the gym remained a distant, sweaty dream. My fault entirely.

But the spa and sauna? Now that’s where it's at. Okay, so I have to speak honestly. The spa was fantastic. The massage was truly heaven sent, and I let out a huge sigh of relief when the masseuse began. The sauna was hot, steamy, and exactly what my stressed-out shoulders needed. I spent a solid hour just existing in the cocoon of warmth, and it. was. glorious. Worth the entire trip! The pool was great for a quick swim!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: From Buffet Bliss to Room Service Redemption

Okay, food. The Sheraton Ann Arbor had options. They had restaurants, a coffee shop, a bar, and even a poolside bar. I’m a sucker for a good breakfast, so the buffet in the restaurant was a must. Yeah, yeah, buffet isn’t exactly cutting edge, but it was well-stocked, the buffet included pastries, and the coffee was drinkable. Good start to this day.

Now, here’s where the Sheraton REALLY won me over: room service. Late-night cravings? Absolutely. They had a pretty extensive menu, and it's all very satisfying.

I also enjoyed a happy hour and a few beers at the bar during the day.

Cleanliness & Safety: Sanitizer Everywhere! (Good Sign)

In the current climate (and let's be honest, always), cleanliness and safety are paramount. The Sheraton seemed to take this seriously. Hand sanitizer was readily available (thank god), and they had signs about disinfection. They have anti-viral cleaning products they use. The staff all seemed to be trained in some form of safety protocol. That gave me a little peace of mind.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Ann Arbor Adventures Await

Okay, the hotel itself is nice, but let’s talk about the location. Ann Arbor is an awesome town! Obviously, the Sheraton doesn't control the city, but its location made it easy to get around. Parks and the U of M campus were just a quick jaunt away, offering things like kids facilities, and meeting facilities.

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things Add Up

The Sheraton offered a decent array of other conveniences. Daily housekeeping was a huge plus. I'd be lost without dry-cleaning services! Parking was, thankfully, free. The front desk staff were generally friendly and helpful. There was a convenience store, for those inevitable forgotten items.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly? Maybe.

I don't have kids, so I can't give a firsthand account, but they advertise as family friendly. I saw a crib, so they have facilities for that.

The Verdict: Would I Go Back?

Okay, so the Sheraton Ann Arbor isn't perfect. It's not some luxury palace. But it's clean, comfortable, with some great amenities, and conveniently located. It’s a solid choice.

BUT HERE'S THE DEAL-BREAKER: The combination of the comfortable rooms, the amazing spa, and the convenience of room service? Yeah, I'd absolutely go back. Especially if I needed a quick, easy, and relatively stress-free escape.

BOOK NOW! This is Your Dreamy Michigan Getaway!

Here's the deal: Treat yourself to the Sheraton Ann Arbor. Here's why:

  • Escape the Ordinary: Get away from the everyday grind and immerse yourself in the comfort of a well-equipped hotel.
  • Spa Day Bliss: Indulge in a massage or unwind in the sauna after a long day of seeing the sights.
  • Sleep Like a Log: Enjoy the blackout curtains to the fullest, and awaken refreshed!
  • Convenience at Your Fingertips: Take advantage of the on-site restaurants, room service, and free Wi-Fi.
  • Explore Ann Arbor: Discover everything this vibrant city has to offer!

Don't wait! Book your stay at the Sheraton Ann Arbor today and get ready for a dreamy Michigan getaway! (Click here to Book Now! [insert booking link here])

Parisian Romance in KL: Your Couples Getaway at Champs Elysees Homestay

Book Now

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your average, sterile itinerary. This is a Sherat-Ann Arbor adventure, narrated by yours truly, and it's gonna be…well, let's just say it's gonna be something.

Sheraton Ann Arbor: My Potential Fiasco (Let's Hope It's a Triumph!)

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Room Debacle (Probably)

  • Afternoon (Around 3:00 PM): Arrived in Ann Arbor, the lovely little town with a big university. Flight was, as always, a chaotic dance of crying babies and aggressively elbowing seatmates. Found the Sheraton. It looks… fine. Clean, polished, predictable. But the lobby smells suspiciously like the inside of an air freshener factory. Let's hope that's a good omen. Check-in? Praying for a friendly face and a room away from the ice machine, or the screaming kids, or maybe just any noise in general.

  • Late Afternoon (4:30 PM): Unpacked. Realized I forgot my favorite travel pillow. Panic sets in. The bed at least looks comfy. Actually, the whole room looks very… corporate. But I'm not here to marry the décor. I'm here for Ann Arbor! And hopefully, some peace and quiet.

  • Evening (6:30 PM): Headed down to The Great Room. Honestly, the name screams "generic hotel restaurant." So, I braced myself. Found a table, and as I get settled, two things happened at once: one, the waiter looked like he had seen a ghost, other, I was staring at a child running around the restaurant, probably with his parents behind him. I ordered what seemed like the safest bet on the menu: a burger. And, in my personal opinion, it was actually pretty good! Still, the background noise… oy vey.

  • Evening (8:00 PM): Back in the room. The TV remote feels like it's been through a war. The channel selection is predictably abysmal. But, hey, at least I have a bed, and a functioning toilet. Small victories, people, small victories.

Day 2: Campus, Coffee, and Existential Dread (Maybe!)

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Attempted to get coffee downstairs. The line was longer than the queue for Taylor Swift tickets. Decided I needed some real coffee. Ended up at a local spot a few blocks away. Huge win. Small shop feel, good coffee, and friendly staff. I even heard a snippet of a fascinating conversation about…something. (Probably brain surgery, or quantum physics. I'm surrounded by smart people, it's intimidating)

  • Morning (10:00 AM): Decided to wander around the University of Michigan campus. It's beautiful, truly. The architecture is stunning. Found myself wandering around the law quad, feeling a profound sense of inadequacy. Why didn't I study law? Then, I remembered the crippling student debt and the mountains of paperwork. Nope. Staying in my lane.

  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch at a place recommended by the barista. It was… well, it was food. Nothing to write home about, but hey, I ate. Found myself people-watching. Ann Arbor is full of characters. The guy with the ten different tattoos. The couple who look like they're auditioning for a Wes Anderson movie. It's a vibrant place, and that gives me energy.

  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Back to the hotel. The "fitness center" looks more like a glorified closet with some weights and a treadmill. Did a half-hearted attempt at a workout so I wouldn't feel completely like a potato. Managed to hurt myself.

  • Evening (6:00 PM): Okay, this is where the schedule gets a little hazy. Thinking about going somewhere. I'm going to go to one of the nearby restaurants. I hope I'll be able to find it.

Day 3: Departure & Reflections (Most Likely, Tears)

  • Morning (9:00 AM): Breakfast at the hotel. I'm not going to lie, the buffet was just… sad. I went for the toast, and it was fine. The juice machine was broken, which felt symbolic somehow.

  • Morning (10:00 AM): Last-minute souvenir shopping. Ended up spending way too much money on a t-shirt that says "I Heart Ann Arbor." Regrets abound.

  • Afternoon (12:00 PM): Check out. The front desk person was actually nice, which was a pleasant surprise.

  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Headed to the airport. The whole experience was a blur of security lines, overpriced snacks, and the lingering smell of air freshener.

  • Later…: On the plane, staring out the window at the endless blue of this sky-ocean. It's done. The trip. It was a mix of highs and lows, small joys and minor frustrations. Ann Arbor is a place that's stuck with me (a little bit). And maybe, just maybe, I'm already starting to plan the next adventure. And the next time, I'll bring my own damn pillow.

Final Thoughts:

This trip wasn't perfect. It wasn't always glamorous. But it was real. And that's what matters. Would I go back to the Sheraton Ann Arbor? Maybe. Would I recommend it? Perhaps. But would I recommend experiencing Ann Arbor with an open mind and a sense of humor? Absolutely.

Now, excuse me, I'm going to go find some chocolate.

Sandymount Hotel Ireland: Your Dream Dublin Escape Awaits!

Book Now

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel United States

Sheraton Ann Arbor: Your Dreamy Michigan Getaway? ... Let's Talk About It (Honestly)

Okay, so, is the Sheraton Ann Arbor *really* dreamy? Is it like, swoon-worthy?

Alright, buckle up. "Dreamy" is a strong word. It's not a Disney castle, okay? But...it's got potential. The lobby's decent – kinda corporate chic, you know? Think polished floors and those big, slightly impersonal chandeliers. I walked in once, late, after a truly horrendous drive, and the air conditioning hit me *just* right. That was a good feeling. A *dreamy* feeling? Maybe. Depends on your definition of "dreamy" involving air conditioning and the sweet, sweet promise of a bed. The rooms? They're fine. Clean. Comfortable enough. I had this room once, though, with a view of, well, more parking lot. Bit of a letdown, honestly. But the bed was comfy! And the blackout curtains? *Glorious*. Slept like a log. Okay, maybe that was the exhaustion talking. Still, a good night's sleep is practically a dream in itself, right?

What's the deal with the food? I'm a foodie; will I die of boredom?

Food... ah, the eternal hotel dilemma. There's a restaurant, *The Reserve*, and in my experience, it's… it's serviceable. Think upscale-ish American, with a definite emphasis on "ish." I had a burger there once. Perfectly cooked, maybe? I don't remember much. Again, the exhaustion was probably clouding my judgment. The service was fine, though. No complaints. Now, *the breakfast buffet*… Okay, here's where things get REAL. I LOVE a good breakfast buffet. The Sheraton's? Pretty standard. Scrambled eggs, your choices of breakfast meats – *bacon!* (usually crispy, which is a win!), some sad-looking fruit. The pastries… hit or miss. But listen. There’s something about loading up your plate and just *devouring* everything when you're on vacation. It’s a guilty pleasure. Just be prepared to eat quickly, before the kids descend. Also, the coffee? Not the best. Bring your own instant coffee, or, better yet, run down to a local independent coffee shop. Ann Arbor's got some killer ones.

Location, location, location! Is it actually in a good spot?

YES! The location is *pretty* fantastic. It's close to everything. You can walk to the University of Michigan campus (Go Blue!), which is great for soaking up that college town vibe and avoiding parking hassles. It’s also near the shopping and restaurants on State Street. Tons of great places to eat, from fancy to casual. And, for the history buffs, the Henry Ford Museum is a short drive away. It's my favorite place to feel small and in awe of human ingenuity all at once. Plus, it's right off the highway, which is fantastic… unless you're sensitive to highway noise. Then, maybe request a room NOT facing the road. Learned that the hard way.

The pool! What's the pool *really* like?

The pool... Oh, the pool. Okay, so it's indoors. That's a plus, right? Especially for Michigan weather. It's a decent size, not Olympic-sized, but big enough to actually swim laps. I, personally, prefer a lazy float, but you do you. I'm not judging. The pool area can get a little… lively. Lots of kids. Expect splashing, screaming, and the occasional rogue inflatable. One time, I was trying to read a book by the pool and there was this small child with a water gun, and I got absolutely *soaked*. I couldn't help but laugh. It's part of the charm! Or… maybe not. Pack a towel.

Let’s talk parking…because I'm sure it's a nightmare.

Okay, parking...yeah, it's not ideal. The hotel has its own parking, but it can fill up, especially during peak times, like a University football game weekend (which, by the way, GOOD LUCK finding a room then). There's also street parking, which can be tricky and time-limited. I once circled the block for, like, 20 minutes trying to find a spot. Seriously, bring your patience. Or, better yet, Uber or Lyft. You'll thank me later. Honestly, public transportation in Ann Arbor is pretty good too.

Are there any hidden fees or things I should know about? Sneaky gotchas?

Hidden fees... well, always check the fine print! Standard hotel things apply – resort fees (grumble, grumble), maybe a fee for parking, depending on your package, etc. Just be aware. Read the reviews online! People *love* to complain about hidden fees. And for good reason. Also, during college events, and if there's a big event going on in town, the prices can jump. Like, *skyrocket*. So, book in advance, if you're smart. Like, a smart person. You learn quickly, right?

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Honestly? Yeah, probably. It's a solid choice. It's convenient. The beds are comfy. The location is fantastic. And, despite my complaining, I generally have a decent time. It's not a *perfect* getaway, but it's good. It's…reliable. Look. I've been there. I've had good stays, bad stays, and stays that, frankly, I barely even remember (see: the aforementioned burger). But overall, the Sheraton Ann Arbor is a perfectly acceptable place to crash. Just don't expect a fairytale, okay? Expect a clean room, a comfy bed, and a decent breakfast buffet. And, if you're lucky, *maybe* a little bit of dreamy. Maybe.

Okay, seriously, should I *avoid* this place?

NO! Avoid it? No. Not unless you're looking for something specific. * **Avoid if:** You're expecting a luxury experience. This isn't the Ritz. * **Avoid if:** You're incredibly sensitive to noise. (Highway, pools, kids... you've been warned!). * **Avoid if:** You HATE breakfast buffets. (I'll weep for you!) Otherwise? Go! Visit Ann Arbor. It's a great town. And the Sheraton is a fine base of operations. Just manage your expectations. And bring your own coffee.

Anything else I'm missing? Any random thoughtsFind Hotel Now

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel United States

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel United States