
Lane62 Hostel Taiwan: Your Epic Taiwanese Adventure Starts Here!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the vibrant, chaotic, and utterly charming world of Lane62 Hostel Taiwan: Your Epic Taiwanese Adventure Starts Here! This isn't just a review; it's a confession, a love letter, and a brutally honest assessment all rolled into one. I'm going full-on stream-of-consciousness here, so prepare for tangents, exclamation points, and maybe even a few tears (of joy, mostly!).
First Impressions: Does It Pass the Vibe Check?
Let's be real, finding a good hostel can be like dating – you're hoping for chemistry, a little bit of spark, and a place that won't leave you scarred. Lane62? Dude, it totally passes the vibe check. From the moment you walk in, you're hit with… well, something. It's a certain energy. A buzz. A feeling that you've stumbled into a place where adventures are brewing and friendships are born.
SEO (Because, you know, we have to):
- Keywords: Hostel Taiwan, Taipei accommodation, budget travel Taiwan, accessible hostel Taiwan, Taiwan adventure, free Wi-Fi Taiwan, Lane62 review, best hostel Taipei, Taiwan travel tips
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good!)
This is a big one for so many travelers, myself included. The website claims facilities for disabled guests, but let's be honest, claims are just that until you see them. The elevator is a definite plus. But I didn't see anything specific about wheelchair accessibility in the rooms, so double-check with the property directly before booking if this is crucial. It's not a deal-breaker for everyone, but transparency matters! I'm going to assume the CCTV in common areas adds to the sense of security. The front desk is 24-hour which is amazing.
The Grub Scene: Fueling Your Adventure
Okay, food is life, right? And a hostel's dining options are crucial. Lane62's got choices, but it's not exactly a Michelin-starred experience.
- Dining, drinking, and snacking:
- Restaurants: Multiple, presumably with a mix of Asian and International cuisines, a vegetarian restaurant, and a coffee shop to get your fuel.
- Breakfast: The breakfast buffet is the star, I hope. Can also be a [Breakfast takeaway service].
- Happy Hour: Crucial. Essential for socialising.
- Poolside bar: Sounds amazing.
- Snack bar: Good for a late night munch
- Coffee/tea in restaurant always is an upside
- Bottle of water is always a good deal.
Here's the Truth: The food is what you'd expect, but that doesn't mean it's not delicious. The Asian breakfast is a great way to start your day, and the coffee/tea in restaurant is a great addition. The Buffet in restaurant is a dream, and the Western breakfast could be a solid option.
**Rooms: Your Little Slice of Heaven (Or Not) **
The rooms have to be great. So lets dive in.
- Available in all rooms:
- [Air conditioning] - necessary in Taiwan
- [Alarm clock] - essential
- [Bathrobes] - nice touch
- [Bathroom phone] - useful in emergencies… maybe?
- [Bathtub] - luxury!
- [Blackout curtains] - sleep is important
- [Carpeting] - good or bad?
- [Closet] - always a win
- [Coffee/tea maker] - crucial
- [Complimentary tea] - love this.
- [Daily housekeeping] - clean is good.
- [Desk] - for working or writing postcards
- [Extra long bed] - for the tall people!
- [Free bottled water] - excellent.
- [Hair dryer] - essential
- [High floor] - for views!
- [In-room safe box] - peace of mind
- [Interconnecting room(s) available] - for families and friend groups
- [Internet access – LAN] - good to have
- [Internet access – wireless] - duh.
- [Ironing facilities] - wrinkled travelers rejoice
- [Laptop workspace] - for working or streaming
- [Linens] - you hope they're clean
- [Mini bar] - nice touch
- [Mirror] - vanity, ahoy!
- [Non-smoking] - thank goodness.
- [On-demand movies] - awesome
- [Private bathroom] - yes please.
- [Reading light] - crucial for late-night reading
- [Refrigerator] - always handy
- [Safety/security feature] - important
- [Satellite/cable channels] - for when you're bored.
- [Scale] - only if you want to know.
- [Seating area] - good if you like to lounge
- [Separate shower/bathtub] - luxurious!
- [Shower] - obviously.
- [Slippers] - ohhhh, fancy.
- [Smoke detector] - essential
- [Socket near the bed] - life-saver!
- [Sofa] - lounge-worthy.
- [Soundproofing] - essential
- [Telephone] - for emergencies
- [Toiletries] - hopefully, decent ones.
- [Towels] - clean ones, please.
- [Umbrella] - good for Taiwan, rain or shine
- [Visual alarm] - important for safety
- [Wake-up service] - to get you going
- [Wi-Fi [free]] - huzzah!
- [Window that opens] - for that fresh air!
Cleanliness and Safety: Peeking Behind the Curtain
This is SO important, especially in the post-pandemic world. Lane62 seems to take it seriously.
- Cleanliness and safety
- [Anti-viral cleaning products] - great.
- [Cashless payment service] - convenient
- [Daily disinfection in common areas] - awesome.
- [Doctor/nurse on call] - peace of mind
- [First aid kit] - essential
- [Hand sanitizer] - good.
- [Hot water linen and laundry washing] - good.
- [Hygiene certification] - crucial.
- [Individually-wrapped food options] - better safe than sorry.
- [Physical distancing of at least 1 meter] - sensible.
- [Professional-grade sanitizing services] - good.
- [Room sanitization opt-out available] - choice is good.
- [Rooms sanitized between stays] - essential.
- [Safe dining setup] - good.
- [Sanitized kitchen and tableware items] - important.
- [Staff trained in safety protocol] - good.
- [Sterilizing equipment] - excellent.
The Social Scene: Making Memories (And Maybe Some Mistakes)
Hostels are all about the people, right? Lane62 delivers.
- [Internet access] and [Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!] are HUGE.
- [Wi-Fi in public areas] is a must.
- [Bar], [Poolside bar], [Happy hour] – perfect for breaking the ice.
- [Meeting/banquet facilities] suggests they know how to cater to groups.
- [On-site event hosting] – hello, new friends!
What I Loved (And Maybe Didn't Love)
- The Vibe: I mentioned it before, but it bears repeating. Lane62 has an energy that's infectious. It attracts a cool, diverse crowd that's open to adventure.
- The Staff: The staff were amazing. Helpful, friendly, and genuinely seemed happy to be there. They gave great local tips and made me feel welcome.
- The Location: Super convenient for exploring Taipei. Close to public transport.
- **Things

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my (likely disastrous) adventure at Lane62 Hostel in Taiwan. This isn't your pristine, Instagram-filtered itinerary. This is real life… with questionable food choices and a healthy dose of existential dread. Prepare for a rollercoaster.
Project: Taiwan - Survive and Thrive (Maybe)
Location: Lane62 Hostel, Taipei (and surrounding chaos)
Duration: Uh, let's say… a week? Pray for me.
Day 1: Arrival and the Holy Grail of Sleep (or the Lack Thereof)
- 14:00 - Arrive at Taoyuan International Airport (TPE). Okay, first hurdle: get through customs without looking like I've been smuggling… well, anything. My heart is already doing a tap dance. Success! Sort of. I'm on the right side of the law, but this airport is a sensory overload. So many people! So much Mandarin I don't understand! Oh god, did I pack enough underwear?
- 15:00 (ish) - Train to Taipei Main Station. Found the darn train! Thank goodness for the helpful (and incredibly patient) woman who pointed me in the right direction. Feeling slightly less like a lost puppy.
- 16:00 - Find Lane62 Hostel. Praying it lives up to the hype. Found it! The lobby is pretty cool, nice and quirky. Check-in… smooth(ish). The staff are ridiculously friendly. Already a win. My dorm room… well, it's a dorm room. Beds are stacked like a claustrophobia-inducing layer cake. I'm on the top bunk. Send help.
- 17:00 - Attempt to unpack. Fail. My backpack exploded upon impact, a beautiful symphony of tangled wires, travel-sized toiletries, and a half-eaten granola bar. This is going well.
- 18:00 - Dinner: Street Food Adventure – or, My Stomach's Rebellion Begins. Okay, I am incredibly brave. I told myself that I must try and eat as much as possible. Found a night market. Ordered something that looked vaguely like deliciousness (later to find out it was stinky tofu). The smell… the texture… shudders. I think my stomach has declared war. BUT I DID IT! I survived a bite. Victory!
- 19:00 - Attempt to integrate… at least one other human. I wandered around the common area like a lost soul. Made a tentative small talk with a fellow traveler from Germany. They seem a little more together than I am. I've got a plan: befriend anyone, just to have a friend.
- 20:00 - Head to the Dorm - Settle in for the Night. This is where the real challenge begins. The sound of snoring, the creaking beds as people turn over, the faint scent of… something that smells like feet. My sleep? Non-existent. I lay awake for hours in the dark. Is this what my life is now?
- 23:00 - Decide to get out of the bed and head to the toilet. I can't stand it anymore! I feel like I haven't slept for days. Head back, still awake.
- 4:00 - Give up on sleep. Wonder how anyone can survive the night.
Day 2: Exploring, Temple Hopping, and Noodles of Doom (and Joy)
- 9:00 (ish) - Wake up. Somehow. I actually got a few hours of sleep! Miracle. Fuel up with complimentary breakfast (toast and questionable jam). Gotta find energy to go get some breakfast before the others do!
- 10:00 - National Palace Museum. Okay, time to embrace the culture. This place is vast. So many artifacts. I think I saw an actual jade cabbage. Lost. The crowds are intense, but the artistry is jaw-dropping. My brain is fried.
- 13:00 - Lunch: Beef Noodle Soup. Okay, THIS is what I came for. Found a local place with a line out the door. Waited. Ordered. Ate. Died. Then came back to life, because this soup was divine. I'm officially a noodle convert.
- 14:00 - Longshan Temple. Seriously stunning. The incense swirls, the colors pop, the chanting – it's all enveloping and utterly fascinating. I wandered around, pretending to understand the rituals. I have no idea what I was doing. But it was beautiful. A moment of actual peace.
- 16:00 - Ximending District: Shopping and more food! This area is a total sensory overload, in the best way possible. The street style, the energy, the lights… I need to remember to buy something for myself.
- 18:00 - Dinner: Another Night Market, Another Gamble. This time I tried some kind of savory pancake. Decently safe so… It was a gamble that paid off this time around. I have begun to adjust to this new lifestyle of eating what is around me.
- 19:00 - Back to the hostel… and more sleep deprivation. Praying things improves tonight. I think I can get through it, I have more friends now…
Day 3 - 7 (ish): The Blurring of Days, the Rise of the Wandering Nomad
- Rambling and Random:
- Day Trips: Yangmingshan National Park – hike, hot springs (awkward, but fun).
- Taroko Gorge: Majestic and inspiring. Feeling small in a good way. The best hiking tour ever!
- More Noodles: Obsession intensifies. Found my favorite place. They know my order now. This is the pinnacle of my existence.
- Karaoke: Yes, I did it. Sang (badly) with a group of new friends. Lost my voice, but gained a memory.
- Lost in Translation: Endless funny misunderstandings. Pointing and smiling my way through life.
- The Loneliness Hits: Some days are tough. Missing home, missing my bed, missing someone to share this with. But then I remember the noodle soup… and I get moving.
- The Imperfection: The schedule gets thrown out the window. Plans change. I get lost. I oversleep. It’s okay. This is the point.
- The People: The staff at Lane62 are the best, they are friendly and always there for me. They really make the hostel feel like home.
- The Realization: This is more incredible and amazing than I ever thought it would be. I wish I could stay here forever. I've never felt so alive.
Day 7: Departure (or, See You Later, Taipei!)
- Morning: One last Taiwanese breakfast. One last walk through the city. One last deep breath of the chaos and beauty.
- Afternoon: The airport. The train. Goodbye. For now.
- Evening: On the plane home. Feeling a mix of exhaustion, elation, and the bittersweet ache of leaving. I did it. I survived. I thrived. And I can't wait to come back.
Final Thoughts:
This trip wasn't perfect. It was messy, emotional, and often a little… stinky. But it was real. It was mine. And it changed me. Lane62 was the perfect base, a place to connect, to recharge, and to stumble through Taiwanese life with a smile (and a full belly of noodles). If you're looking for a flawless, curated trip, go somewhere else. But if you're looking for an adventure, a challenge, and a whole lot of heart, then pack your bags, book your hostel, and prepare to be utterly, wonderfully, and beautifully lost.
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Discover Hotel Amaravathi Inn, India's Hidden Gem!
Lane62 Hostel Taiwan: Your Epic Taiwanese Adventure Starts Here! (FAQ – or, You Know, My Utterly Unfiltered Thoughts)
Okay, spill the tea. Is Lane62 REALLY as awesome as the photos make it look?
Location, Location, Location! Is it actually convenient? Asking for a friend (me).
What's the vibe like? Is it full of party animals or chilled-out travelers?
The dorm rooms! Are they a hellscape of snoring and questionable odors? (Be honest!)
Food, Glorious Food! Is there a kitchen? Can I cook my own noodles at 3 AM?
Are there activities? Will I be stuck wandering around aimlessly like a lost puppy?

