
Scandinavian Dream: 2BR City View Gem in Vietnam's Sun Grand Ancora!
Scandinavian Dream: 2BR City View Gem in Vietnam's Sun Grand Ancora! - A Review That Doesn't Lie (Mostly)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Scandinavian Dream: 2BR City View Gem nestled (supposedly!) in Vietnam's glorious, sometimes chaotic, Sun Grand Ancora! I just got back, and frankly, I'm still processing the experience. Let's be real, hotel reviews are usually sunshine and rainbows, but I'm aiming for something a little more… honest. So, here's the lowdown, warts and all.
First Impressions: The View, the Chaos, and the Promise of Hygge
Okay, the "City View" part is absolutely spot-on. From the massive windows of my (slightly imperfectly-cleaned) 2BR, the sprawling cityscape was absolutely intoxicating. Honestly, the view alone nearly made me forgive the slightly wonky air conditioning (a minor quibble, let's be real, it's Vietnam!). The "Gem" part? Well, it aspired to be a gem. The design does lean into that minimalist Scandinavian aesthetic. Think clean lines, light wood, and a desperate attempt at cozy. Did it achieve full-blown hygge? Not quite. Let's just say it was more "Vaguely Scandinavian Adjacent" than the full-blown, soul-soothing version.
Accessibility - Navigating the Hotel (and Life!)
- Accessibility: They claim to have "Facilities for disabled guests." Frankly, I'm not disabled, so I can't comment specifically on the effectiveness. But I did see elevators, so that's a good start. No ramps I remember though.
- Getting Around: Airport transfer? Check! Car park [free of charge]? Double check! Car park [on-site]? Yep. Valet parking even! They've got the transport bases covered. Taxi service available, too. Because let's face it, sometimes you need a quick escape from the chaotic charm of Hanoi.
On-site Eats and Drinks: Food, Glorious (Almost) Food!
- Restaurants: Several options! Asian Cuisine, International Cuisine, and, bless their hearts, even a Vegetarian Restaurant! Buffet in restaurant for brekkie!
- Bar: Yep, there's a bar. Important. Happy hour? I think so. Sadly, I was usually too busy battling jet lag to properly investigate.
- Breakfast: Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Breakfast [buffet]! The buffet was… adequate? The pastries looked a little…defiant against gravity. I strongly preferred ordering a breakfast takeaway service to have the ease, or just ordered something a la carte in restaurant. Still, points for trying!
- Poolside Bar: A godsend. Seriously. After a day battling the Hanoi heat and traffic, a cold drink poolside is pure bliss.
- Snack Bar: For those times when you're just desperately craving a dodgy spring roll at 2 AM. (Okay, maybe that was just me.)
- Coffee Shop: Essential for caffeine addicts like myself. Coffee/tea in restaurant, too!
Relaxation and Rejuvenation: Spa Days and Steam Room Shenanigans
Okay, this is where Scandinavian Dream kind of delivered. The Spa/sauna was on point.
- Spa/sauna: They have a spa! And a sauna! A pool with view!
- Spa: I got a massage (because, self-care, people). The therapist was fantastic. Seriously, I was floating. The Body scrub? Heavenly. Body wrap? Also, heavenly. Everything in the world was perfect at that moment.
- Swimming pool: Beautiful! The water felt amazing.
- Fitness center: I poked my head in. Looked like a decent setup. I'm on holiday, though, so… no comment.
- Steamroom: I am almost always in.
- Gym/fitness: Meh.
Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic Era Precautions (Mostly)
- Anti-viral cleaning products: They claimed to use them. I hope, right?
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Ditto.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere! Seriously, you couldn't move without bumping into a hand sanitizer station.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Yes, supposedly.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: They offered it. I just wanted a clean room, so I said yes.
- Safe dining setup: I appreciated the effort!
- Staff trained in safety protocol: They seemed to be.
- Sterilizing equipment: I saw some.
- Hygiene certification: I didn't see any, but I hope it was there!
- First aid kit: Probably somewhere.
The Rooms: A Mixed Bag of Comfort and Quirks
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
- Non-smoking rooms: Yes! A godsend!
- Soundproof rooms: To a certain extent, yes. The Hanoi traffic, however, is a relentless force of nature.
- Air conditioning: Hit or miss. Mine went on strike a few times.
- Bed: Comfy enough.
- The Bathroom: The separate shower/bathtub was a nice touch.
- Internet: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Bless.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
- Concierge: Helpful! Got me out of a few jams.
- Cash withdrawal: Essential.
- Laundry service: Thank goodness!
- Luggage storage: Always a plus.
- Wi-Fi for special events: They offer it!
- Room service [24-hour]: Brilliant for those midnight snack attacks (see above).
- Daily housekeeping: Mostly good. The cleaning crew occasionally missed the stray sock under the bed, but eh, nobody's perfect.
- Doorman, Elevator: Handy.
For the Kids: Family-Friendliness (Or a Lack Thereof?)
- Babysitting service: Available.
- Family/child friendly: Honestly, I didn't see a ton of kids. It's a big city hotel.
- Kids meal: I doubt it.
- Room decorations: No.
Getting Around and Security
- CCTV in common areas: Yes.
- CCTV outside property: Yes.
- Security [24-hour]: They have it.
- Smoking area: Yes, because Vietnam.
The Verdict: Worth it? Maybe. With Caveats.
Scandinavian Dream: 2BR City View Gem is a perfectly decent hotel. It’s not perfect. It's got some minor issues. And if all you are looking for is a place to stay and is in the city, then this may be the place for you. But the overall experience was good, too.
Final Score: 7.5/10 (Would stay again, but with a healthy dose of realistic expectations.)
Now, the REALLY Important Part: The Booking Offer!
STOP SCROLLING! READ THIS!
Tired of the Same Old Hotel Routine? Craving Stunning City Views & A Touch of… Pretend-Scandi Bliss?
Book your stay at Scandinavian Dream: 2BR City View Gem in Sun Grand Ancora NOW and get:
- A FREE upgrade to a high-floor room (because those views are WORTH IT!).
- A complimentary bottle of Vietnamese wine in your room (because, cheers!).
- A discount on your first spa treatment (because you DESERVE it!).
- The chance to experience a hotel that is more human, more honest, and definitely NOT a cookie-cutter experience!
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
Book within the next 24 hours and we'll also throw in:
- A voucher for a FREE cocktail at the poolside bar (because, YOLO!).
- A detailed map of the best hidden gems in Hanoi, curated by yours truly (because, insider knowledge!).
- **And most importantly, the chance to be part of a hotel experience that tries, maybe falls short sometimes, but *always* aims to

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! You're about to get a peek inside my brain and, more importantly, my trip to the Sun Grand Ancora in Vietnam. This itinerary thing? More like a suggestion box. Let's see if I can actually stick to any of this…
Scandinavian Apt-2Brs-City View-Sun Grand Ancora Vietnam: A Hot Mess Express (and I wouldn't have it any other way)
Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic (aka, “Where Did I Leave my Passport?!”)
- Morning (aka Before Coffee): Arrive in Hanoi. Expect a hot, humid hug from the Vietnamese climate. My first thought? "Did I seriously forget sunscreen again?" Side note: I did forget sunscreen. Classic.
- Mid-Morning: Find the guy holding the sign with my name. Hopefully, he speaks enough English for me to understand where the heck I'm going. Pray the taxi driver doesn't try to rip me off. Hanoi traffic is basically organized chaos. Hold on tight!
- Afternoon (aka "Is This My Apartment?!"): Arrive at the Sun Grand Ancora. First impressions? “Wow, that city view is actually stunning. Wait, is that an IKEA couch in the living room?” Seriously, that furniture gave me a tiny bit of culture shock. After the travel, I'm exhausted, and those stairs… someone had to put them there!
- Anecdote: Found my apt. on the top floor. After settling in, I went for an afternoon nap. I woke up in a panic, swearing I heard a mosquito buzzing. Turns out, it was just the air conditioner. My sense of danger is finely tuned.
- Imperfection Alert: The Wi-Fi password? Nowhere to be found. Spent a solid 20 minutes staring blankly at the router like it had the answers. Eventually, begged the reception for help with a little embarrassment.
- Evening: Explore Ba Dinh District, near my apartment. I’m starving, so I'm hoping to find some authentic Pho. But first, a shower. And wine. Definitely wine.
- Quirky Observation: The scooters! A blur of buzzing metal and human ingenuity. They carry everything from families of five to entire stacks of… well, everything. I'm convinced they're powered by sheer will.
- Emotional Reaction: Relief that I made it. And a slight, persistent fear that I'll get lost.
Day 2: Old Quarter Mayhem & Street Food Bliss (aka, "My Stomach is a Warrior")
- Morning: Embrace the Old Quarter! This is where the real Hanoi magic happens. Prepare to be jostled, charmed, and bombarded with smells.
- Rambling Thought: The energy here… It’s palpable. This city breathes, it lives, it vibrates. It’s a sensory overload in the best possible way.
- Late Morning: The most important part! STREET FOOD. I’m thinking, Pho, Banh Mi, and some random mystery dish I can’t pronounce. Food poisoning is a risk I’m willing to take.
- Stronger Emotional Reaction: The Banh Mi… Oh, the Banh Mi! That crispy baguette, packed with flavorful ingredients – it's an explosion of taste. Pure bliss. I might cry. It's that good.
- Opinionated Language: Forget fancy restaurants! Some of the best meals will be on those little plastic stools. They know what they're doing with those flavors.
- Afternoon: Wander the streets, get lost (inevitably), and visit Hoan Kiem Lake. Okay, I might accidentally wander into a shop to buy some local souvenirs.
- Imperfection Alert: I bought a knock-off North Face backpack for like $10. I have no regrets.
- Evening: After a tiring day, grab a Bia Hoi (local beer) by the train track and watch the world go by. (I know, risky, but YOLO!)
- Messier Structure, Rant: Speaking of train tracks, how do people live so close?! It’s insane that homes are so close, yet, the atmosphere is amazing.
Day 3: Temple Tranquility & Coffee Culture (aka, “Caffeine, My Love")
- Morning: Visit the Temple of Literature, then head to a cafe to catch up on my reading and my journaling.
- Anecdote: Got lost while walking to the temple. Turned a corner and found myself confronted by a gaggle of chickens. I swear one of them glared at me.
- Mid-Morning Cà phê trứng (egg coffee) in Hanoi is a must-try! I am obsessed with the rich, creamy taste.
- Doubling Down on Experience: Egg coffee. Yeah, it's gross-sounding. But it's velvety, sweet, and absolutely otherworldly. The perfect antidote to the chaos outside. I order another one while contemplating my life's choices.
- Afternoon: Explore the art galleries, wander aimlessly, and people-watch from a cafe.
- Quirky Observation: The cafe owners in Hanoi are masters of the perfectly positioned plastic chair. They're everywhere!
- Evening: Dinner at a local restaurant, and another quiet night, winding down with a book and, of course, some Vietnamese coffee from the store by my accommodation.
Day 4: Departure, with a Pinch of Regret (aka, “Until Next Time!")
- Morning: Enjoy the last moments. Pack your bags, check out, and head to the airport, hopefully without a last-minute scramble.
- Mid-Morning Explore the surrounding area again, and see if I can have one last egg coffee. It's going to take me a while to get over this place.
- Afternoon: The hotel reception will arrange the taxi. I will return to my apartment with a newfound appreciation for how to live.
- Emotional Reaction: Leaving? Already? I feel like I’ve just scratched the surface. Definitely coming back.
- Evening: Plane. Home. Sleep. Dream of Pho and egg coffee. Repeat.
- Messier Structure, Rant: I will figure out how to bring a Banh Mi back. Or maybe a whole crate of egg yolks…
So there you have it. My "itinerary." Remember, flexibility is key. Expect the unexpected, embrace the chaos, and try not to get too lost. And for heaven's sake, wear sunscreen! (Unlike me.)
Grand Hotel Alingsas: Sweden's Hidden Gem? You HAVE to See This!
Scandinavian Dream in Vietnam - Sun Grand Ancora: Let's Get Real (and Slightly Crazy)
Okay, so "Scandinavian Dream"... is it REALLY? Or just some marketing fluff?
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because reality and marketing jargon are about to collide! "Scandinavian Dream"... Yeah, it's a *vibe*, alright. Picture this: I'm picturing IKEA meets Vietnamese street food chaos. Think clean lines, light wood, and then *BAM* – a vibrant market just a few minutes walk away, blasting out tunes at 6 AM. That's the Sun Grand Ancora experience in a nutshell.
The apartment *itself*? Yeah, it’s actually pretty darn Scandinavian-ish. Minimalist, bright, lots of natural light (if the Hanoi smog cooperates, which… y'know). I loved the feeling of space, especially compared to some of the shoebox-sized hotel rooms I've endured. The furniture is sleek, functional, and doesn't scream "tourist trap". So, Dream? Maybe not a *total* dream, but a seriously pleasant reality.
Two bedrooms... who *actually* needs that much space in Hanoi? (Besides a family of pandas, obviously.)
Honestly? I originally thought the same thing! TWO bedrooms? I was traveling solo, for crying out loud! But let me tell you, the space was a LIFESAVER. Here’s the beauty of it: I could spread out, I could have a “work” room separate from my “chill” room, and I could *finally* starfish in bed without the guilt of monopolizing a tiny hotel space.
Also, planning a trip with a friend? You're basically *set*. Imagine this: You're exhausted from the heat, the traffic, and the chaotic beauty of Hanoi. You retreat to your spacious haven, everyone gets their own sanctuary, and you can still enjoy an evening together in the living room, reliving the day's epic adventures. Or, avoid each other entirely if that’s what you need. Perfect! Plus, the extra space meant I wasn't tripping over my suitcase all the time, which – after a few days of Hanoi madness – is a major win.
The "City View"... is it a view of… a wall? Real talk, people!
Okay, okay, this is where the “real” comes in. Let's be frank: "City View" in a city like Hanoi is a bit of a gamble. I've stayed places where "City View" meant a brick wall directly in front of my window. Not fun.
Luckily, the Sun Grand Ancora apartment complex seems to be positioned in a way that maximizes the potential for something… *view-like*. I *did* have a glimpse of the city and the surrounding buildings. It wasn't the Eiffel Tower in all its glory (we’re not in Paris, people!). but it *was* a pleasant, not-at-all-claustrophobic view of Hanoi life. You get to see the hustle and bustle. It’s really just an honest peek. Sometimes I would just sit and watch traffic, mesmerized. It’s part of the charm, really.
Sun Grand Ancora… Sounds fancy. Is it a pain to get to and from?
Fancy? Yes. Pain to reach? Not particularly. Here’s the deal: Hanoi traffic is legendary. It’s organized chaos, a dance of motorbikes and honking horns. The Sun Grand Ancora seems to be well-located, which means less time in the aforementioned chaos.
I used Grab (the Southeast Asian Uber) a lot, and the drivers didn't seem to mind the location at all. Easy to find and easy to access the city. Also, taxis are *everywhere*. Walking? Well, that depends on your tolerance for heat, humidity, and dodging motorbikes! The immediate area has some great spots to eat though, which is a HUGE plus.
Okay, spill the tea! What was the *best* thing about staying there? The *worst*? Don't hold back!
Alright, here's the RAW, unfiltered truth.
BEST THING: The *space*. Seriously. After a day of navigating the crazy, wonderful, exhausting streets of Hanoi, returning to that airy apartment was like a hug from a giant, minimalist Scandinavian bear. I just wanted to breathe and de-stress (and maybe drink a cheeky beer), and it was perfect for that.
WORST THING: (And it's not a MAJOR problem, mind you) – The kitchen. Okay, it *had* a kitchen, and it *looked* lovely. But I am *not* a chef. So, it didn’t get much use. I'm used to eating out and using the local markets, so the kitchen was a tad pointless... unless you're a cooking fiend. So, just know that before you book it!
Oh, I almost forgot! One morning, I went to make coffee. The coffee machine, a beautiful, sleek thing, decided to *not* cooperate. I mean, *seriously*. I stared at it for a solid five minutes, willing it to function. It remained stubbornly silent. Eventually, I gave up and went on a caffeine-fueled hunt for a *ca phe sua da* (Vietnamese iced coffee), which, let's be honest, was probably a better option anyway. So, maybe the lack of a coffee machine didn't affect me *that* badly. Still... the *drama* of it all!
Would you actually *recommend* this place? Be honest!
Yes! YES! Without hesitation. If you are:
- Looking for a comfortable, stylish base in Hanoi.
- Appreciates a bit of extra space.
- Want to experience the best of both worlds – modern comfort and local life.
Then, absolutely! It’s not perfect (nothing ever is!), but it’s a solid choice and much better quality than the price. I loved it, and would go back in a heartbeat. Go. Book it. You won't regret it.

